What are essential oils?
Essential oils are the fragrant, aromatic compounds found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots flowers and other parts of the plant. They are distilled from the "life blood" of plants and contain the plant's own immunity, hormones, and scents. They are typically extracted using a steam distillation process that keeps all properties of the oil intact. However, cold pressing can also be used as a means of extraction. Either way, the essential oils are far more powerful than the botanicals they were extracted from.
How to use:
There are 3 common ways to use your essential oils.
- Topically - you can use the oils neat or with a carrier oil, such as coconut oil, and apply directly to the skin. The bottoms of your feet are a great place to start.
- Diffuse/Inhale - whether you use a diffuser or inhale the oil (directly from bottle or by placing a drop in your hands, rub together and inhale), this is a powerful way to receive the health benefits of essential oils
- Internally - certain oils are safe to ingest and can make a great addition to cooking as well.
Why Young Living?
- Over 20 years experience in the EO industry
- Beyond organic. No pesticides, herbicides, or harsh chemicals are used.
- Seed to Seal. More info here.
- Strong commitment to purity
- Young Living owns their farms
- They have a great selection of oils with over 120 singles and blends
- It's a lifestyle company with products ranging from multivitamins to household cleaners
Any suggestions made on this blog are very specific to Young Living essential oils and should not be used with oils from another source. Statements made on this website about Young Living Essential Oils have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products and information are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Anyone suffering from disease or injury should consult with a physician. Keep out of reach from children. If you are currently on medication, please DO NOT STOP.